Monday 30 November 2009

I am not a Lawyer and I am not a Punk

We are approaching a golden age of music.

Soon all recorded music will be free to everyone. Artists will draw from an incredible range of sources to create new art with more depth and variety than ever before. The cream of those artists will make more than enough money to keep them in cocaine and midgets, while many more will earn a healthy income from their music. More, better music for everyone. And fewer bass solos.

I truly believe that. It is inevitable.

But getting there won't be easy. A lot will have to change, and a lot of people will lose a lot of money from those changes. Those people will do everything in their power to stop it. They already are. It's already happening.

Don't worry though, we'll get there eventually.

I am not industry insider, nor am I an expert in media or IP law (or anything else) but I love music and want to speak up. If you want a more in-depth analysis of media and technology I suggest you head over to Techdirt or check out the links on the right.

This blog is just my thoughts and opinions on the direction the music industry is heading and the mishaps on the way there.

Welcome to LawPUNK.




No comments:

Post a Comment